Have you got more than one smartphone and one them are laying anywhere because you don’t that phone much?
Now it’s time to make that smartphone work as Security CCTV Camera which can be login from any place.
There is very easy process to make that phone turn into security camera. Let the rear camera works as operational. There are many steps to know how to convert your old smartphone into CCTV Camera. Steps are as in following:–
Step 1 : Download The Security Camera Application on your Old Smartphone
To start this process all you need to find a suitable application on your smartphone.
Many applications offers several features like;- Alerts, Recording , Cloud Streaming ,motion detection and many more…
If you get able to setting up the application on your smartphone you will be able to use it as security camera from your living bedroom, directly on your phone.
CCTV Camera app for iPhone/iPad
Manything, it the best application to be downloaded in iPhone/iPad for the working your smartphone into security camera . It is the great mixture of monitoring anything.
It helps to set up and choose between videos or pictures only mode. It is good for setting up the motion alerts, It even integrates with IFTTT for endless virtual ways for configuring the securities camera application
Manything, can be downloaded by the user from the App Store on iPhone or iPad.
It comes with the free plan which allows the camera to recorded at zero cost.
To Start The Process of Manything
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad , Download Manything.
- Open the settings from the phone and disable the Auto Lock which is under General.
- Sign up with Manything and login with email add or login with your Facebook account
- Tap on Camera Mode from your old smartphone and Tap on viewer mode on your new smartphone
- Tap the red button from the old smartphone for the live streaming
- After doing these process you will be able to view the live streaming on your new smartphone and PC by logging on www.manything.com
The situation of turning or converting your old smartphone into CCTV is also available for Android Devices. IP Webcam, It is the mindblowing application for android for the security camera.There are two versions of this application. One is lite version and Other is Pro Version.
The Lite Version has low features and it is for free While on the other hand Pro Version allows to unlock all the great features of the app and it cost $3.99 USD.
IP Webcam helps you to stream the live videos ,from any place and it broadcasted over the locally and cloud service which is named as ivideon.
To position or setup your Old Android Mobile phone as a security camera.
- First of all,you will have to download and install the IP WEBCAM from GOOGLE PLAY STORE in your old Android mobile phone.
- Now open the IP Webcam and then set your video preferences,effects,power management settings and motion or sound detecting according to your requirements or desires.
- In order to broadcast the video coverage stream from remote areas you will have to register or sign in to ivideon,then you will have to check the compatibility and after this the cloud stream should be enabled by you.
- Now select the Start Server option which is present at the bottom of the app,to start the stream.
To view the Video Coverage Stream:
- Firstly,the provided IP address should be ported on the phone which has been setup as the security camera. Then from any other electronic device such as computer,smartphone,or tablet,e.t.c. you will have to enter the IP address in the address bar of the web browser. After you do this you will have to set up an IVIDEON cloud stream from a computer system and then at last visit www.ivideon.com and sign in to it
Step 2: Now choose a position or spot to place your camera over there.
After your camera has got the stream up and has started running,you will have to set it up and position it at the appropriate spots. Some of the spots where you may want to position the camera can be your backyard,your home’s main entry,the places where you keep your valuable assets and belongings or a place you think might be in risk of theft or robbery. An IP camera can be setup as a baby monitor by you.
In case if you have more than one old mobile phones,you can setup all of them at different spots for different video coverages.
Step 3: At last,provide mounts to the cameras and power them after mounting.
The positioned cameras can be mounted with the help of a suction car mount or a small smartphone tripod. They can wonderfully help you to mount or position the cameras in your confidential or hidden places.
In my opinion,you should buy wide angle lens for your mobile phone if you want to convert into a camera with a broader region or field of view. You can purchase it online.
As the phone will be on 24/7 for streaming live video coverage,it will need very intense and continuous power to keep on working. So to prevent the mobile phone from crashing aur getting switched off in few hours of its work,you will have to place it near to a power source. Such power sources may include a 10 foot Micro-USB or lightning cable.
Congratulations,now you are finally done with the process of converting your old Smartphone into CCTV Camera.